Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Life...Back to reality

***Warning this post was written in a hurry, so it might not make complete sense...you've been warned :)

So I went slightly off track the last 3 weeks. Things in my life got stressful and I dealt with it as any unhealthy person would, by eating. And eating, and eating. I would like to point the finger at the holidays and the holidays alone for my reason in overindulging and it started out that way...but ended with the unhealthy attachment to food way. And by ended, I mean I stopped this morning. I am back on what feels like day 1 of a long journey. Its not as long of a journey as I was facing this time last year but it feels the same. I need to get back on track, I need to focus. Its time to get serious about life. Not just losing weight but making myself a better person overall. Being able with who I am and the role I am playing in this word. Just coasting along in life is not going to do it anymore. I am going to make the most of life as I can.

So, in order to help myself with my journey forward, I need to be honest with everyone about how far backward I slid the last 3 weeks. There is a big part of me that wants to just hold off on sharing just how much weight I gained and to be open about it in a couple of weeks when I have lost the first 5lbs so it doesn't look as bad, but that doesn't help me. I need to be embarrassed at how bad it got and face it head on. My problem in the past was when I felt my weight got too out of control I would stick my head in the sand and not want to face it. That tendency is VERY strong right now. Very strong. So I will be updating this blog at least every other day with my general calorie count for the day and my weight. I know if I am being honest about my weight and what I am eating then It will help me stick to it. So, here it goes....


Day 363 (I started this journey January 5th 2010...so that would make today day 363, right?)

Current Weight: 167.5lbs (yes, I gained 15lbs in 3 weeks - EEKKK!!!)
Goal Weight: 125lbs (yes, its changed....)

Calories Consumed so far... 289 (apple and a spelt zucchini muffin)

I am not really giving myself a deadline on when to reach my goal weight. My first thought it by the end of the year but I have never, ever weighed under 150, for all I know it will take months to lose the last 10lbs because my body will never want to let them go.

Anyway, that's it for now. I will check in with myself again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good for you having the courage to take it on again! This is definitely a long journey for all of us-- one that stops and starts all the time.

Your courage is inspiring-- I'm going to go get on the scale (something I haven't been brave enough to do) and see what my own damage is. But I might not get back on track until tomorrow, seeing as my b-day dinner is tonight.

spice2116 said...

oh how i have missed you!!! i am sorry that you had some stressful eating :( but happy you are getting back on track.

my goal was 145lbs but I am thinking I should probably change it to 135 or 125 hmmm I dont know.

here is to a fabulous new year!!