Thursday, January 13, 2011

3 days and feeling good

My anxiety about the race is slowly changing into excitement, I work up this morning totally jazzed about running a half marathon. I have been getting down about myself lately. I am always thinking that I could be doing better and, of course, I could be. Unless I all of a sudden become perfect there is always room for improvement, but as long as I am trying to do better then I am on the right track. This time last year I as I was just discovering weight loss blogs I remember thinking maybe one day I would try to run/walk a 5k but that running 13.1 miles was insane and I would never being able to run that far, nor would I even want to try....it just seemed to far out there. Its thoughts like this that I need to keep reminding myself about, because there are times when I feel like a teeny bit of a failure for not doing more, like running the marathon. For example, this conversation has happened with many people:

Them: "you're running the Rock N Roll marathon?"
Me: "No, just the Half - Marathon"
Them: "wow, that's awesome"
Me: "Yeah, but its just the half"

Arrgg...Just typing that makes me annoyed at myself. It must be sooo annoying to talk to me because I am such a downer. Why not just say - "yeah, I am running the half marathon and I am so excited!!" Instead I am such a negative nelly. Anyway, my point is - I need to recognize how far I've come and what an accomplishment this is for me. I write about this a lot on this blog - recognizing the accomplishments I've made and it isn't fishing for compliments or praise, I really, truly, tend to feel like everything I do isn't good enough and its time to figure how to move past that and be happy for me. Anyway...check in for today:


Calories Consumed yesterday: 1559
Calories Consumed so far today: 1,044 (a little high, but all I have left today is dinner)

Exercise Yesterday: Stationary Bike for 50 minutes and 4 mile outdoor bike ride with Olivia

Current Weight: 157.5
Lbs to Goal: 32.5

This check in thing is actually really helping me...if I haven't entered my food in my food diary by the time I post my blog and go and enter it and it helps keep my dinner calorie in check so I don't get too off track for the day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! I am so glad you are realizing how amazing you are:) Open up and share the excitement!

spice2116 said...

wow you have gone down in weight so good!!! i understand the whole negative thing. surround yourself with positivity. positive notes, smiley faces anything. running is nothing to sneeze at not a lot of people can do it so you are my hero

Heidi said...

Yeehaw Amy!! Almost there! I'm so excited for you, what an amazing thing to have under your belt.