Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What next?

5 days until the half marathon and 44 days until the Ragnar and I am already panicing on picking something next to motivate me to keep running. I have a very big fear that if I don't have a reason to keep going, a training schedule to follow, that I will just stop running. I'm sure it wouldn't happen overnight, but the motivation to run would slowly disappear and that freaks me out. I need to keep this up, I really do feel physically and mentally better with regular running and I don't want that to go away. So, I need to plan my next step and I have no idea what I should do. I better hurry up and figure it out though because 46 days from now I need to wake up with a new race, event, etc that will keep me active.

My  check in for today...

Calories Yesterday: 1726
Calories so far today: 1234 (yikes!! it looks like chicken and veggies for dinner)

Exercise yesterday: 1 hour Just Dance 2 (Soo fun!)

Current weight: 161.5
Lbs to goal: 36.5

This check in thing really isn't working so far....I am embarrassed at how many calories I consumed already today, so maybe being embarrassed about putting it on my blog today will help me not eat so much tomorrow.

4 comments:

Rachel Wattson said...

You want to stay motiviated? Get a dog:) They are great running partners. Since I have been preggo mine has actually gotten so mad at me she peed in the living room after 3 days of no walks or runs. I HATE cleaning up pee so the next morning she got an hour walk/jog.

Heidi said...

Warrior dash! Ok, it wouldn't require any super dedicated running schedule. But you would have to stay in some kind of shape or how else would you rappel down a ravine? Or pull yourself up over a wall?

You could really be ambitious and take up triathlons like me. Then you have three sports you have to keep up with.

Unfortunately, my dogs don't motivate me to run more. Possibly because at this point they run out of steam before I do and slow me down. At least one does and the other one has an injured leg so she isn't doing any running at all.

spice2116 said...

i hear they have tons of races across arizona, it wouldnt be too hard to find one. i think there is one in lake havasu dont quote me on that though.

fabulous job at getting your numbers back down!! dont get discouraged about the eating just think do you need the food or does the food need you? i eat when i am hungry or a feel my body needs some energy

Sooze said...

Yes! I'm so excited for you that the half is so close!! I have to live vicariously through you since I've wimped out on my running :( I can't wait to hear about your experience! Go Amy!!