Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Step Foward....two steps back

So far I have not made it through the weekend without "taking it off" from my diet - basically eating whatever I want. So I spend every week losing weight and then gaining it over the weekend, losing it during the week and gaining it over the weekend. So the good news is, I pretty much know how to maintain....the bad news is that I am about 35lbs away from the weight I want to maintain. I can't seem to get the motivation back, I've lost my mojo. At least I haven't lost my motivation completely, if the weekend behavior spills into the week then I know I am in trouble.

Other than eating, things are going good. The Ragnar relay is a month away and I am starting to get excited instead of freaked out, which is nice :)  I am running a 10k this weekend and I have gotten to the point where I am no longer nervous about the race itself because I am confident that I will have fun. It took me awhile, but I finally have gotten to the point where I love running. I started running 10 months ago but only recently have I actually enjoyed running. Before I loved that I was burning calories or that I was doing something I never thought I would be able to do physically but now I actually love running....well, love may be too strong of a word because I definitely still dread running up until I am about 1 mile in - so I love running, once I am in it. So while I may not be losing a ton of weight (or any...) I am feeling pretty good these days.


Stats today:

Current Weight: 161.5 (hmm...sounds very familiar)
Lbs to goal: 36.5

Calories consumed yesterday: ?? I didn't track
Calories so far today: 329 (that's just breakfast - 2 small oranges, 1 egg, 1 piece spelt bread, and a dab of butter)

Exercise yesterday: 3 mile run at 9:25 pace (I'm shooting to be at 9:30 minutes in time for the Ragnar)

3 comments:

Sooze said...

Amy I know you may not feel like it now, but you are doing an amazing job! Look at you, 9:25 pace!! A 3 mile run!! You're getting ready to run a 10K and do an *amazing* relay race! I know how hard it is to keep your mojo around, and you're going to have times it'll slip away - breaks are okay. This is your new lifestyle and you have to make sure it works for you. Don't worry about the stall in your weight loss right now. It'll come off. Just keep your head up, it'll be gone before you know it!

Heidi said...

How is it that you love the running now????? I want some of that! (A mile in I finally quit wanting to quit and go home but I still don't like it.)

mom said...

so, maybe if I make it a mile, I will also love running? Right now I would love the calories I would burn by running a mile--what you are saying is that is a place to start! Inspiring, Amy!