Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Branching out

I am doing good today. I branched out and tried the following for my workout today:

I can't run everyday (or I guess I could but I am afraid of not letting my running muscles rest enough and getting injured) and my stationary bike broke last week...So I broke out the biggest loser cardio max that I purchased at least 10 months ago but never used (seriously, the wrapped was still on the darn thing). Anyway, it was different - I definitely did things I never really and it was nice that the people on the workout video were former biggest loser contestants but I really missed listening to my own music or watching season 2 of 24 on netflix. I think I will know more how well the DVD worked me out tomorrow if anything is sore :)

Moving on...

My eating yesterday left much to be desired. I didn't really eat anything I consider 'off limits' but I ate way too much of the food that I usually eat and stopped entering the food in my food dairy - which is always a bad sign. I thought this trend might continue but so far today I am on track. Work has been very stressful (half my dept was laid off last Friday) and I have tried to cheer myself up by eating - not the best solution but I think I am starting to get past it and not let me it get me down or maybe I am getting better at dealing with my stress (doubtful).  Anyhoo....check in for today:

Calories consumed yesterday: ? An educated guess would be about 2100...but that is not definite.
Calories so far today: 1177 (that's everything except dinner)

Exercise yesterday: 6 mile run

Current weight: 161.5 (sigh..literally)
Lbs to goal: 36.5

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Let me know you think of the video...I need a few more in home options for when Terence is working and Kyle is too congested for the child care at the gym.

Hang in there-- I understand about the eating to deal with stress. I've been doing it the last couple of weeks too. So counterproductive.

Sooze said...

I've always wondered about the biggest loser vids. Let us know how you feel about it tomorrow!