Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Check In :)

I finished the half marathon on Sunday and I will dedicate an entire post to it once I get some pictures...so for now I will just say it was awesome :)

As a result of running through 3 cities on Sunday I pretty much exceeded my calorie limit for the weekend in one day (although the night before the race I also exceeded my calories for the day because I knew I was running in the morning...slippery slope). Anyway, I gained weight. Apparently you can't burn 2000 calories running and expect to not gain weight if you eat 6,000 calories that day (I really have no idea how much I ate, except that I was pretty much starving the rest of race day). So this morning I am back up to 161.5. I am quite the roller coaster of up and downs this month. This weekend though, I should be able to stay on track, no excuses. I am not running a half marathon, celebrating anyone's birthday, or going on vacation. No excuses!! I need to stop going up and down, up and down...it can't be good for my body. At the very least I want to get back in the 155 range and go up and down from there. Weight gain has not gotten me down though, I still am feeling pretty good. Every time the thought goes in my head that I am failing at this weight loss thing, I have to remind myself that I have lost 90lbs in the past year and even if I am not eating so well on the weekends, I am pretty consistant at eating good during the week, so that's better than nothing. I am not perfect and this is definitely a process, but I will figure it out what works for me. So my check in for today....

Calories yesterday: I didn't keep track...
Calories so far today: 287

Exercise Yesterday: 35 minutes on the stationary bike

Current Weight: 161.5
Lbs to Goal: 36.5


I am embarrassed that I was too lazy yesterday to enter my food. I ate pretty good, but just never got around to entering it in sparkpeople. I need to keep up with this blog, even on weekends, because it really does help me stay accountable and think twice before I eat something.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Races do weird things to your appetite. I wouldn't worry about such a small amount of weight gain.

Congratulations again!! What an accomplishment! And yes, 90 lbs is an even more amazing accomplishment, so pat yourself on the back a little more, you deserve it!

Sooze said...

Yes!! I'm so glad that the race went well and that you had an awesome experience. I can't wait to hear all the details about it!

Way to go on keeping things in perspective too!

kristi said...

I have a friend who runs and she always "carb loads" before a race and gains! Good job finishing the race.