Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Rambles

I am in week 11 of 20 of the Ragnar Relay beginner training and it is getting to the scary point. Tomorrow, I have to run for 60min total which I think I can manage but just two weeks from now I have to run 80min and a month from now 120min (2 hours!!). I cannot fathom being able to run that long, can my body really do this? Will I be able to run for the length of an average Movie? A couple of months ago I thought I would never be able to run an hour and I am very close to that (55min is my longest time) but I have had over 5 months to work up to an hour and I am supposed to double that time in just a month. Crazy.

On a different note, I am no longer losing weight. I thought it was because I was snacking too much or my portions were too big, so for the past week I have been measuring my food and entering in all my calories. Not one piece of food has entered my mouth without being counted and I still am not losing weight, which is frustrating. I am getting to the point where I feel like I am not going to lose anymore weight and never reach my goal. I am about 12lbs from my lowest weight ever and it feels like I may never get there. I am not quiting but this is getting harder.

Finally, I wanted to post my beginning weight for the Chub Club so that I can keep track of how well I am doing every week. So here it goes:

Week 1 Starting weight: 184.5
Chub Club goal weight: 170

That means that I need to lose basically 15lbs in 12 weeks. It shouldn't be too hard but at the rate I am going it might not happen. I am not going to beat myself up if I try my hardest and don't meet my goal, as long as I lose something I should be happy, right? Right.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You probably just hit a plateau-- or you are building some muscle from all the running and it is hiding any fat loss from the scale. As long as you keep going, you should keep losing. But I have found the closer you get to your goal the more the scale refuses to budge. Stupid and annoying, but no reason to beat yourself up if you have been working hard.

The running stuff is scary. I ran 70 minutes this morning, first time ever, and survived, but I still had to take four walking breaks. I only have one more month before moving into the Ragnar intermediate training too-- it's like looking death in the face! :-)