Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Matured Sweet Tooth

I have a sweet tooth. I know big confession for an overweight gal like me. When I started this journey I cut out all deserts and sweets of any sorts. It was rough, but had to be done in order to see any results. Well, that was 8 months ago and I have come a long way. I still have the sweet tooth but it has changed, it only needs a little bit of sweet to be satisfied and this is what works best:



Notice, it is Dark Chocolate this is significant for me because my whole life I am despised dark chocolate - even in chocolate chip cookies I preferred less chocolate chips because they just weren't sweet enough for me. I have come a long way. After lunch and dinner when my sweet tooth kicks in (because it ALWAYS does) I break of one square (only 36 calories) and amazingly enough my sweet tooth is satisfied. I feel like this is a sign that I am becoming a grown up (or at least my taste buds are...) I am not even sure how much I would like milk chocolate at this point - it might be too sweet (crazy!). I found this chocolate in my Moms pantry when I was so desperate for something sweet I gave it a try, but if you can't locate them in your own Moms pantry, they can be found a Trader Joe's and if your sweet tooth is ready for it, this is the Dark Chocolate to try.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I raid the pantry for this every visit too. Alas, Trader Joe's might as well be on the other side of the moon from me.

brooke said...

oh, my! i'm glad to have the recommendation. i used to buy the dark chocolate hershey kisses to satisfy mine...but that looks better!