Monday, August 16, 2010

Fake Weight Loss

So I've been sick for the past three days, haven't felt like exercising or eating, ever. So when I weighed myself this morning I had lost 5lbs from Friday. This would have been really exciting last week before I got sick but since I have been sick, I know this is just an illusion, a weight loss apparition. I cannot let myself get excited about this loss because as soon as I start eating normal food again the weight will all come back - or worse more weight will come back because I have slowed down my metabolism by not eating most of the weekend. Being sick is overall Not Fun, but I think its just cruel for my body to lose weight that I know is not staying off. I mad at the future weight gain that is going to happen. I mad that a tiny part of me is excited about the weight loss but I can't really be excited because I am 99.9% sure it is not real. So, I have fallen behind on my running and have false weight loss hope. I'm grumpy. Being sick is no fun.

4 comments:

Siobhan said...

Hope you feel better soon. I'm the same way with weight loss apparition. I have to know it's going to stick around before I'll claim it.

Heidi said...

Being sick is definitely blah. I hope you feeling better soon too.

spice2116 said...

such a bummer that you have been sick!! hope you get to feeling better. sometimes sickness can be good to where it cleanses the system to start of eating better :)

Dr Eric Berg said...

Get well soon my dear. And start your day after it. By eating proper food and a healthy lifestyle to reach your goal to have a fit body.