Thursday, June 17, 2010

5k

I ran a 5k!! Note: I didn't run a 5k race just the 5k distance but I was soo happy!!


The picture is at the end of my run, so it includes a 5 minute cool down - I cannot imagine being able to run for 42min straight (although if I am progressing I will have to soon!) The number in the middle is the distance and the number next to it is the calories...the 0.0 is the speed.

I set goals on Tuesday on what I would do to get back on track and I followed each and every one. Its nice so know that if I set my mind to it I can get back on track.  I have been eating better and therefore feeling better.

I have given myself a new challenge for tomorrow:


  • Run outside for at least 35 minutes, take away the crutch of the treadmill.
Running on treadmill is easier than outside for me, something about the moving belt propels me forward and makes it easier for me to keep going. I am not giving myself a distance to run outside, I just want to be able to run for the same amount of time I do on the treadmill.

Hopefully I can keep up the momentum, I feel good.

3 comments:

Sooze said...

WOOT!!! Go Amy!! That's wonderful! Glad to hear you're back on track and good for you for making a goal to run outside! I've had a terrible time with that since it's been so hot - keep it up girl!

Missy said...

Good for you!!!

Amanda said...

Yay! Congrats!

I have the same issue with the treadmill, btw. I know I am faster on there than I am walking outside.