Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vacation!!

I'm headed out of town - escaping the heat for slightly less heat (seriously Anaheim, 88 degrees???) and going to enjoy a different kind of work - taking a 19month old to Disneyland. My stepdaughter has never been to California, let alone Disneyland, so we planned the trip for once Olivia was old enough to semi enjoy it and not make our lives a nightmare (we'll see on this one...). Luckily (or not so much) my husband doesn't really like Disneyland so he will basically be on Olivia duty. He's already set to take her back to the hotel for naps and hang out with her while Jaci (my stepdaughter) and I go on the rides. I am excited to get away and a little ashamed to admit, excited to eat with less rigid guidelines. Yup, I've been on two vacations since this lifestyle change began and on both I ate less than perfect (not out of hand, but not like I was on a diet) and both times I was successful at not letting it derail me when I was back home. Would it be too cocky to say I think I've figured this diet thing out? YUP. I won't say that but I do think that I've at least figured out that gaining 2 or 3 pounds on vacation does not mean that I have to give up all together and decide to stop eating healthy. I know I will gain a couple of pounds and I am prepared to deal with it. I may have not figured everything out but I am 10 times closer than I was a year ago.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What fun!!! I hope you have a great trip, and that Olivia is very, very cooperative.

spice2116 said...

that sounds so exciting!! what a good break you will have!! squeeze it for all its worth

Missy said...

Have a good trip!