Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fighting the Panic

So I let the holiday weekend get the best of me and ate, and ate, and ate...you get the idea. This morning when I weighed myself it was not good, not really a big surprise, but still the Panic set in. I immediately felt like I am never going to meet my goal weight, that I have no self control, that I should just give up and keep eating because I am not making progress (this week...). I used to let these thoughts take over and completely sabotage me and, believe me, they are getting to me now but I am not going to quit. This is the problem with setting a deadline. I set a deadline to be at my goal weight (145lbs) by the end of the year which I thought was a reasonable goal and it is, if you are 100% all the time eating perfectly and I'm not. No big deal really, but I make it into a big deal because I might not make my goal by my deadline which means I'm a big fat failure, not really but that's what I tend to think. I am spending the morning trying not be down on myself and trying not to talk myself into giving up.

That's why I am happy that I started this blog. I have put my weight loss journey out there for everyone to read and it helps me to keep going. Reading other blogs and know that people have the same struggles and have succeeded inspires me. If I had not figured out that this whole blogging community exists than I am pretty sure that I would have reverted to my old ways and would have given up a while ago. So, thanks, for reading my blog and encouraging me or writing your own blog so that I know I am not alone in this struggle. For helping me to not give into the Panic and give up.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

My advice is get rid of the deadlines!!!! They are not helpful. You are on a journey and there shouldn't be any extra pressure (i.e. guilt) over when you arrive. My two cents anyway.

You are doing great! Just keep plugging along...and tell that Panic where to go :-)

Amy said...

I don't know what it is... but everyone I know is struggling lately!! Is it the weather or what?!?! Glad to know I'm not alone. And Heidi - I'll have to consider this no deadline philosphy.... it's like it never occured to me. (wierd, I know.)