Monday, September 13, 2010

Cupcake sabatoge


My weekend started out good, no Great. I completed my longest run ever - 7miles (84 minutes of running) and I felt completely empowered by my ability to complete such a long run. So I rewarded myself. My husband and I were about an hour away from our house watching my sister complete her 4th (I think) triathlon - she is a rock star, she finished with all the super athletic people - anyways, I am getting off track, where was I? Rewarding myself, right. So on our way home we stopped at death by sugar otherwise known as Sprinkles. I was going to get one cupcake and share it with my daughter. So I picked my favorite flavor (vanilla, vanilla) and that was that. Except they had a Banana flavor that I have never had so I had to get that one to try. I did pretty good. I split the banana cupcake with my husband and daughter, ending up with only eating a 4th. Good for me. Then later I split the vanilla with my daughter, another ok choice. But I was left with a box of three cupcakes sitting in my kitchen - how you ask? My husband picked three for himself, yup three. Then when it came time to eat them he just didn't feel like it (spoken like a person who has never had to give up any food and diet) so I had another half of a chocolate chocolate cupcake and a quarter of a back and white cupcake. Holy Cupcake overload. I am pretty sure that any good I did my body by running in the morning was completely wiped out by all the sugar consumption. This has started to be a pattern ever since I kicked up the amount of exercise in a day - I feel like I can eat more and not more fruit and veggies, but junk. Not good. I have no idea how to fix this. No proclamations of No More junk starting today, I would like to say that but I am tired of using this blog to spout out affirmations that I might not stick to. I am going to try no more junk starting today and I hope I can do it, but no promises.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Frustrating, for sure. But we only fail when we quit trying, so even though you may feel like you have to start over and over again, you're still heading in the right direction!

Hang in there, Amy! Even cupcakes don't destroy all of your hard work. 7 miles is a HUGE accomplishment!!!! (I haven't made it 7 miles yet, I'm quite impressed!)

mom said...

i agree with Heidi--7 miles is quite impressive and goes a long way. As for the no more junk. what you declare you do not want you attract. maybe something like "I enjoy snacks that fuel my body and empower health and vitality" Hey, i like that! Maybe that one came through for me on your blog!! :)