Friday, April 30, 2010

C25k Fail


I do my 3 times a week runs on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday these days work best for my schedule. I usually wait until my 14 month old daughter goes to bed to start the run on the treadmill but yesterday I decided to go ahead and get it over with while my 12 year old stepdaughter played with her. They were in the "bonus" room and I was in the living room, so like 20 feet away with no walls separating. Anyway, I started out as usual - at about minute 5 I have to push myself to go the next 20 minutes...it is a total mental thing because I know I am physically capable of doing it. Anyway just before I hit 18 minutes of straight running, and I am thinking to myself I will be finished soon and I am starting to feel proud for not giving up, I hear my daughter start screaming - not regular crying- but loud, I got hurt, crying. So I stopped and went over to see what happened. My stepdaughter said she fell of the couch (lesson learned that I always have to watch her when she plays with her sister). Once I got there and was holding her she calmed down pretty quick so I guess it wasn't to serious but then I was faced with the choice. Do I go back and finish the 7 minutes I have left even though I just took a break? Do I wait until my daughter goes to sleep so I can do the whole 25 minutes over??? Or do I try again the next day (today) to do day 2 of this week? I chose to try and do it again today. I don't think I am at the level yet where I can do for 18 minutes and then an hour later do 25 minutes (maybe I can but I was too scared to try). So maybe I will actually only count this as a C25k fail if I don't finish today. I will let you know if this is a true fail or not. I've got to keep myself accountable :)



***I had a Hersheys Miniature at the lunch meeting we had at work today, I absolutely need to make sure that I do the 25 minute run today. Not to make sure I burn the calories (because its not that many and I am not that obsessive) but I need to reassure myself that I am staying on track and not slipping into junk food land.

No comments: