Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am a creature of Habit

I have very little variety in my diet. I find something I like and I stick with it. The problem is that I usually at some point end of loathing what I have been eating for months (except for pizza, I am pretty sure I could eat that everyday for the rest of my life and never be sick of it). This time though so far what I have been eating has been working for me.
This is an example from sparkpeople on what I eat on a typical day (completly lacking in veggies and although I entered my snack in once, it was actually two seperate snacks - morning and afternoon). This is from last week because I am getting bad at entering what I eat everyday, mostly because it is the same as the day before. Sometimes I switch it up and have tuna instead of turkey for lunch or instead of toast with almond butter I scramble an egg for breakfast. Basically I eat the same things all the time. The problem with this is, that if I expect this to be a lifestyle change and not just a diet I need to figure out other stuff to eat because I am sure at some point I am no longer going to want to eat these foods.
So I am going to challange myself to find and make one new recipe a week for the next two months to see if I am able to incorporate it into my new eating habits. I will post pictures of what I have made and rate it how taste, healthiness (is that a word?) and ease of preperation - this is a big one for me because I really don't like to spend a ton of time making food beacuse after working all day I like to get as much time with my daughter as possible. Anyway I will start next week with the first week of May and hopefully this will help me transistion from eating foods like I am on a diet to a lifestyle change. Wish me Luck!

1 comment:

Sooze said...

Wonderful idea!

You're right in order to make this a lifestyle you're going to need some variety.

I can't wait to see what you fix!