Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Confession



I just got the biggest craving for a hot dog, maybe even the nasty kind with the cheese in the middle, is that weird? Anyway...

I am not completing the C25K the way I am supposed to be. I figured this out at about the end of week 4. I was only going along with the times that it had listed and never really paid attention to the distances. Well, I am behind. It looks like I am supposed to be running a 10min mile and I am at a 12 1/2 minute mile. So I am starting to feel less accomplished in what I am doing and it bugs me. I should still be estactic that I can run for 25min with no walking. For me, that is Amazing...seriously I don't think even as a kid I could run 25 min straight. I was one of those kids that hated running the mile in PE and would walk as much as I possibly could and still finish under 12min. Now, I am running 2 miles. But I still have this little self sabotaging voice telling me that I am not good enough. Telling me that I have failed because I am not running 2.5 miles in 25 minutes like the program tells me I should. I need to let this go. I am a 210 pound person running for 25 minutes, I need to be happy. So, I will be repeating week 7 (Run 25min all 3 days) until I am able to run a 10 minute mile. This could take me a while but I am hoping to only have to repeat for 3 weeks but we shall see.

2 comments:

Reese said...

Yes, be estatic!! 25 straight minutes of running is no small victory. It is quite an accomplishment in my book :)

I am just starting the C25K and just completed day 1.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Sooze said...

Oh good gracious I read c25k as doing it for time *or* distance, not both. I'm going to pretend I didn't read that part of your post :P

Then I'd just be cheating myself right?

(I totally feel you on the hot dog with cheese btw)