Monday, April 19, 2010

Feeling Good


I did it, I DID it, I DID IT!!!! Twenty straight minutes of running (well, jogging probably). I finished week 5 day 3 of the couch to 5 k program and I have never felt better about myself.This blog is really becoming more of a C25K blog then a weight loss blog, I haven't really updated on my weight loss journey and how its going. I have been at this since January 5, so 3 and half months and I am doing better than I expected. I have lost 37 lbs total, which is amazing to me. I have been sucessful at losing weight in the past but it was on a "modified fast" diet when I was eating 9ounces of protein and 11 ounces of vegatbles a day. Thats it. No Dairy, no sugar, NO carbs. I would lost up to 5 lbs a week. This was a dieters dream diet in the sense that I would lose a ton of weight fast. But eneviatably I would miss all the food that I could not eat and when I was done I would Binge on all the food that I was not able to have. I would gain the weight I had loss and have to start the diet all over again. I cannot imagine how this damaged my body - the YoYo dieting all the time. It was how I lived my life. This time things are differnt. I am following a healthy food plan (whole grains, still no dairy) and I am losing weight at a nice pace. This way has made me feel way more accomplished about what I can do. This is something I can see myself following for the rest of my life. I feel powerful making healthier choices. I feel awesome :-)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yeah Awesome for you!! Congrats on running and even bigger congrats on your weight loss successes!!!

Sooze said...

Congrats!! That's wonderful! I've got w5d1 tomorrow and I won't lie.. that 20 minute run at the end of the week looks mighty scary.

Awesome accomplishment!