Thursday, July 1, 2010

Too Many clothes or Shotty Construction?


My closet broke last night. How does a closet break you ask? Well, the shelf & bar underneath that holds all the clothes detached form the wall and fell. Clothes were everywhere, everywhere. I didn't even know this was possible, I mean I guess I knew it was possible, but really shouldn't those be able to handle like 10,000lbs??? Not only do people normally hang clothes on the rod, don't a lot of people put boxes, more clothes, etc on the shelf holding the bar? Is it possible that I have soo many clothes that I exceed some sort of weight limit? For a moment after this happened I thought this was one of those embarrassing fat person moments - like my clothes were so big that they were too heavy for the rod/shelf.  Maybe. But I tend to lean more toward crappy workmanship.

In more uplifting news, I reached the 60lbs gone mark this morning! I hadn't planned a reward when I reached this goal, but I think I need one. This was a hard month. I had lot of moments where I had to remind myself to continue. I had a weak moment where I bought Carmel apples (from Costco, sooo Yummy) and after I cut up a slice and ate some, I had to throw them away. All I could think about the rest of the night was how good they were and how I wanted more. I knew I should throw them away but I hate that I am basically throwing away $10. In the end though I decided that either I pay in cash or in lbs gained and I ended up throwing the rest away. Clearly I am not making good choices all the time. I never should have purchased them to begin with, but at least I ended up not worrying about the money I spent and got rid of them. I am going to start July off right.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Crappy construction, for sure.

Congrats on 60 lbs down!!!! Way to go, Amy!!! (From this point on you are ahead of me! Go, Amy, go!)

Sooze said...

Wow 60 lbs!!! That's wonderful Amy! Congrats! I think a reward is a good idea - 60 lbs is a wonderful accomplishment, especially in all of this summer heat.

Don't worry about the caramel apples, you had a little bit then resisted the temptation to eat more, that's another accomplishment. Even if you had to throw the rest away. You still made the decision to do that and not eat the rest in one sitting.. like I might had ;)

I think the noise from the closet falling would have scared me out of my wits!

Missy said...

Go you on that 60 lb. loss!

Bummer about the closet rack. Dang.