Wednesday, July 21, 2010

To Snack or Not to Snack....That is the Question

I am totally, 100%, completely a boredom eater....meaning I eat when I am bored. If I had an exciting life this would probably mean I would be super skinny from lack of interest in eating. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately...) my life is pretty mundane and I end up always spending my time thinking about eating. Notice I wrote thinking about and not actually eating. This has been part of my lifestyle change - a huge reduction in time spend snacking. I work in front of a computer, which is pretty unexciting and I used to liven up the day by snacking. How sad is that? That's how I would make the day exciting with FOOD. Lame. But does that mean my life is boring now that I don't snack? Uh, Kinda. I still spend time wishing I could snack on chex mix (YUM) while I type away. My life still sorta revolves around food, only now, its about how much I miss it. (WOW, really Lame). I am hopping that this goes away with time (or at least lessens) I have to keep reminding myself that I am trying to undo like 20 years of behaviors that I have ingrained in myself. I need to not be too tough on myself that I still think about food all the time.


On a completely non food related note, how annoying is all the coverage about Lindsey Lohan? Seriously do I need to know her every move? I don't think so....

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Snacking is a haaaard habit to break. I did so well with not eating while I read, and now I do it all the time again. *sigh*

missy said...

I totally just learned that if you stop a habit for 30 days, you won't feel cravings as bad, because you're rewiring the reward system in your head.

Works for all kinds of addiction, i guess.

Good luck!