Monday, July 19, 2010

Ahh Vacation, I miss you already

So I haven't been MIA because I fell off the wagon, it was more like I flung myself off. I was on Vacation. I am not one of those awesome lifestyle changers who make good food choices while on vacation, that is Not Me At All. I use it as an excuse to eat "normal" not worrying too much about the calories I am eating. In fact, the only thing I really debate is whether or not to eat something because it might make me sick (so Pizza and I did not have a re-acquaintance). I did not worry about calories or pounds gained until, of course, this morning. I am not sure what the damage is, but I think it was worth it. I can have fun without food, but also, as sad as it might sound, really have more fun with food. I guess I have a long way to go as far as changing my attitude and I am ok with that. This change is a marathon, not a sprint...it might even be one of those ironman triathlons cause I have a long way to go.

The vacation was not all about the food, there were some highlights, which include:

  1. Watching my daughter (pictured above) absolutely, positively, LOVE the beach. She was in pure heaven. She Loved running into the tiny waves and playing in the sand. One of the best memories we have made so far.
  2. See an old friend and enjoying awesome BBQ (opps, that's about food)
  3. Having a cashier at the coach outlet (another highlight) comment on how good I look when she was checking my ID (I am about 50lbs heavier in the picture)
  4. Sticking to my running schedule by getting up in the morning and running on the Beach - so much nicer than my plain old track housing neighborhood.
  5. Just overall relaxing and playing with my daughter (and husband, I guess)
I am happy to be back in my own bed and happy to be making good choices so far today. Hopefully the vacation gave me the break from dieting that I needed to be back on track.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Where did you go? Looks like it was gorgeous!

Amy said...

San Deigo...Thats funny, I completely left out where I went. It was the Perfect beach weather, So nice!