Monday, July 26, 2010

Typical Morning

This morning as I was driving through Starbucks I was thinking about a year ago and how different my morning would have been. A typical morning a year ago would include:

  • Rolling out of bed at 5:55
  • Showering, dressing in my one of my 2 pairs of grungy size 24 (almost too tight) denim Capri's and a maternity top (6 months after having the baby...)
  • Leaving for work at 6:15 planning on picking up whatever fast food would sound good for lunch
  • Driving through Starbucks to order my venti soy white chocolate mocha & depending on the morning a blueberry muffin
  • Arriving for work by 7
Todays typical morning is pretty different:
  • Still rolling out of bed (I never Jump out of bed), only at 4:45am
  • Throwing on my exercise clothes and heading out for a run, anywhere from 2-4 miles
  • Getting back from my run, getting ready for work putting on my size 16 shorts, cause I'm not afraid to show a little leg and a tank top (cause its too hot here to care that my arms look huge...)
  • Packing my breakfast and lunch for the day
    • Breakfast: Spelt bread, almond butter and a banana
    • Lunch: Tuna salad and rice chips
  • Leaving for work at 6:00
  • Driving through Starbucks to get my iced green tea (unsweetened)
  • Arriving for work by 6:30

If makes me feel good to see the changes and how much better my overall lifestyle is. I might not be losing weight as fast as I was a couple of months ago but overall the choices I am making for myself are way better than they used to be. Its not only about the weight but being overall healthier.

7 comments:

Missy said...

Good for you!

Does working out in the morning really work for you? I am so not a morning person but working out at night just leaves so much room for excuses most days.

Missy said...

(Meant to add that that comment is actually Missy from misspuddingfood.wordpress.com)

brooke said...

I love the examples you gave. And I prefer working out in the am before work/life too. It works out really well...besides that it's the only time that I will actually do it. Later in the day I'm too tired usually.

Amy said...

I have NEVER been good at working out in the morning, but since I live in Pheonix and my treadmill broke, I have to get up and run early before it gets too hot or I won't get any exercise in at all.

spice2116 said...

good for you for waking up early to work out. i usually do mine mid morning or at night. i just have to sleep lol

so glad that you made comments come out i couldnt comment before

Heidi said...

I think those changes are huge. I was NOT a get up early person until it was the only way I could make sure I got a work out in (since the kids are all still asleep). But I'm way more consistent now that I exercise first thing.

Sooze said...

those are wonderful changes! It is nice to look back and see how far you've come in ways other than looking to the scale.