Thursday, November 11, 2010

Weight Loss at a Glance

I keep track of my weight in three different place - yup, 3. Fitday because I have recorded my weight on that site since 2008 - so it has some history. Sparkpeople because that is where I keep track of my calories in/out (sometimes...) and then to make sure I had my own personal record I have an excel spreadsheet with my weight loss this time around. This is the most interesting to look at...so I thought I would share:

This may not be interesting to you, feel free to skip over. The different colors represent a Sunday thru Saturday week. The red weeks are when I was on my period and the bright yellow is when I was on vacation. The bold numbers at the bottom of each week are the totals for each week and the numbers at the very bottom of the column is the total loss for the month. The 94.2 is the total I have lost to date. Its a little confusing because the negative (-) means that I gained weight. But there is it, my weight loss journey for the past (almost) 11 months.

I have done a lot of posts lately about how far I have come and it is in no way to brag. I am struggling. I need a reminder of the journey that I have taken. Every weekend I cheat a little (or a lot) and I feel like I am not getting anywhere anymore. I have lost weight this week but I am already convinced I won't be strong this weekend and I will gain it all back. I need to figure this out long term now that I am getting closer to the end and I am afraid I won't figure it out. So, I am trying hard to be proud of myself and remind myself that I am strong. These posts are more for me than anyone else - I need to be aware of my strength.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

It's a hard transition to maintenance, as I'm still learning myself. It takes a whole different set of thinking skills, and if I ever get it figured out I'll share some tips :-)

I think it's important to remind yourself how far you've come. It's so easy to fall back into old, negative patterns where we tell ourselves we can't do something. Yes, you CAN-- you have 94.2 pounds to prove it. (Or I guess you don't have them anymore.)

Heidi said...

I'm kind of having negative "I can't" feelings about the Ragnar-- I get to try some running again soon and so I put together my training calendar for the race, only to spend the rest of the day telling myself that I was never going to be ready, I'll never be able to run such a hard position, I probably won't even be able to run 3 miles, let alone 8.1 of "very hard."

Which is silly. If I can train for a triathlon, I can do this too.

Rachel Wattson said...

maintaining is harder than losing I think. You don't have a goal so to speak any more. So... create a new goal. Train for a 1/2 marathon or begin a new form of workout like kick boxing. Keep shaking it up and you will find that maintaining can be fun. It is scary though.

spice2116 said...

yikes!! that is kind of how my weekend has been, i so cheated and ate cookies a little too much. but we gots to keep moving ;)

Sooze said...

Ok it took me a minute or two to figure out - I was distracted by all the pretty colors ;) You know what really stuck out to me though??

94.2! That's wonderful!! I know it's hard to stay motivated, but when you look at the big picture - that's amazing Amy!