Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vacation!!!

I am headed off on vacation, again. Only this time it will be a nice break because we are leaving the kids behind! I love my daughter oodles and scoodles and I am already having a little bit of anxiety about leaving her without me for the weekend, but I am excited to have a couple days off. Its a strange thing to want a break from my daughter but at the same not want to leave her, I guess that's being a Mom. I'm pretty sure as she gets older it will get easier :)

With the whole Food/exercise/lifestyle change thing I have been doing pretty good this week. I have kept up on my half marathon training and have been eating better. I just need to get through the next week, where I know I will gain weight, not stressing about it and keeping up the physical activity to help keep my mood up.

I am still not feeling quite like myself but I maybe after the vacation I will feel better. I have never entered the holiday season with such a unhappy attitude. I think part of it was last year December was a bad month for me health wise (that it part of why I have been so successful on this diet). I don't want to be back in the place where I was last year - so part of it is just feeling bad based on approaching the time when things were bad last year. Does that make sense? Maybe not. Honestly what happened last December wasn't too horrible physically, but my hormones were so out of control that my moods were crazy and I am pretty sure hormones is a big part of the blues I have now.The point is I need to have confidence in myself and realize that I am not the same person that I was last year, I am probably 150% healthier than I was last year. Things will be good this holiday season. I can be happy and feel good approaching the month of December.  I need to not whine and complain anymore on my Blog, not dwell on things ;) .

Anyway, I am off on vacation and when I am come back hopefully my mood will be better. I love the holidays and the family togetherness - whats not to be happy about?

3 comments:

Lissy said...

Definitely a mom thing about wanting, but not wanting to leave the kids at the same time. Hope you have a fun vacation!

Honeymoon bed breakfast said...

“I am still not feeling quite like myself but I maybe after the vacation I will feel better.”

Yes, I agree with your above point. Vacation gives lots of mind relax. Mostly doctors recommend vacations rather than pills for treatment of any disease.

Sooze said...

Hope you have a safe and fun vacation!!