Friday, May 21, 2010

Letting Go

I have a TON of clothes. The walk in closet that I share with my husband is pretty big (at least 8ft x 8ft) and I take up at least 3/4 of it. Of course I am sure this is the case with many women out there but my issue is that I have an assortment of clothes ranging in size from 14-24 and now that I am a size 18/20 I feel like I should get rid of the bigger sizes just for practicality. I mean the closet is overflowing. But I am unwilling so far to get rid of anything, which means that there must be some part of me that thinks that I will not succeed.

I've lost a lot of weight in the past and I got rid of those clothes with glee but eventually I had to buy bigger sizes. I don't know if I can do that again. Sure, its hard to pull out the old size 24 pants but its ten times harder to go out and buy them again. I have told myself that this is it, I will be healthier, I will not gain the weight back and I hope that's true but I seem to have very little faith in myself deep down. I am not sure I will be this diligent forever and it scares me.

1 comment:

Sooze said...

I know what you mean, I have clothes from size 4-18. I did eventually get rid of some of my "skinny clothes" because I knew it would be a very long time if ever that I would get back into them and I knew a girl who would get more enjoyment out of actually wearing them.

On the storage note - the rest of my size 4-10 clothes are hiding in my parent's basement ;)