Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Food Confession


I did not survive the birthday weekend unscathed. My husband and I went to Disneyland/California Adventure because I'm a huge fan and it is a fun place that does not require drinking. For me Drinking=Really bad food choices on top of the calories in the alcohol. Anyway just to get it out there here a list of everything I ate:

French Fries
Chips & Guacamole
Churros (plural, 2 of them...they are the best at Disneyland, seriously try to go and not have at least 2!)
2 Chicken Tacos sans cheese (not too bad except they did not have any corn tortillas, had to go with flour)
Creamy scallop potatoes
Filet Migeon (one good thing)
2 Frozen chocolate covered bananas (counting this as a good choice since my husband was all about a double scoop of ice cream in a waffle cone)
2 Croissants
Corn Dog (had to be one of the worlds best!!)
Pretzel (the big and soft kind)
Granola Bar
Hershey's with almonds bar
Spaghetti with Meatballs
3 pieces of bread dipped in olive oil
3 bites of gelato
Popcorn
Breakfast burrito
Peanut M&Ms
Corn Nuts
Birthday Cake

This was over the course of 4 days, Yup 4 days of eating almost anything I wanted. I avoided dairy as much as possible because I am pretty sure I would just not feel well after not having any for months. Overall I feel ok about this. I have gotten back on track with my eating and will feel out of the danger zone once I make it through this weekend. I still have moments where I think that if I just had one piece of chocolate I will be ok, but probably not. I need to be strict right now. I need to not let myself fall back into the pattern of my birthday ruining any diet momentum that I have had.

1 comment:

Sooze said...

Aw man all of that sounded delicious!! Except the churros.. I don't know what those are to drool over them at least. The good thing here is that even though you ate what you wanted, you still kept that amount of control in the form of accountability.

Now I'm really hungry my FF yogurt and granola has abandoned me. That corn dog.. sounds especially yummy! BUT I'm going to go eat some chicken :P