Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Calculations

Its the first day of the last month of 2011. I would like to finish 2011 big and I in my opinion if I didn't lose anymore weight I would still finish big - 95lbs is a pretty awesome to me. I really want to not sabotage myself this last month and it is hard. I LOVE the food part of the holidays, baking and having the house smell of fresh baked cookies or other goodies. I walked past the baking display in the store yesterday - you know the one with corn syrup, cocoa, chocolate chips, baking mixes, oil, pie crusts, etc and I really just want to grab stuff and BAKE. But the joy of baking does not stop with the baking, 9.9 times out of 10 I also eat what I bake - I like dessert, yup its a big shocker that someone who used to weight 250lbs likes dessert :) The closer the holidays get the harder it is to keep my resolve to not give up for the month and start again on new years...I mean how much weight can I really gain? Let's see...I took 4 days last weekend and pretty much ate what I wanted and I gained 3lbs. So there are 31 days in December and if you divide by 4, that is almost 8. So 8 times 3 is 24 - 24!!! That is how much weight I could potentially gain if I "take the month off". Holy Crap - It did not occur to me to do the math until I was typing this post. If I gained 24lbs that would put me almost up to 180...the last time I was 180 was the middle of August. I would lose 3 1/2 months of progress. It would probably take me 3 1/2 months to get back to the point I am now. That's mid April. That is a long time to get back to where if I ignore my diet just one month. Now, I know chances are I would not gain the whole 24lbs....but I can't be sure and I AM sure that I don't want to take the chance. This wasn't really going to be the subject of my post but that is the good thing about having a blog - you start writing and the thoughts just come out and you realize things you wouldn't have otherwise. So that's that. I will stay on the course this next month. I will spend more time on plan with my eating than off.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Not too mention that with taking that much time off it is REALLY hard to get going again come January. It can be such a depressing month, and I end up turning to food for comfort when I'm depressed if I'm not careful.

Terence thinks I'm nuts, but I worry just like you do about the actual numbers I could gain. He says I couldn't put on weight that fast, but in my opinion, why even risk it? It takes way longer to get it back off.

brooke said...

gosh, that really puts my holiday weight gain in perspective. thanks amy! i didn't even think about it possibly being that much gained, even if just a little at a time. eek!

spice2116 said...

i am not striving to lose weight right now (although it would be nice) but i would like to maintain my weight. we can do it!!