Thursday, October 14, 2010

In Denial

Its October 14th and I am +.8 lbs for the month of October. I keep thinking its the beginning of October, that we've only just begun the month, when really there is only a little more than half the month left and I haven't lost any weight yet. It freaks me out. I have known this all along in the back of my head but was pretty much ignoring the information. Watching the scale go up and down, up and down for the last two weeks has played a little bit of havoc on my weight loss sanity. I am trying to plug along as if its no big deal but at the same time I can tell I am not as committed as I was 2 or 3 months ago. We went to a football game on Sunday (An Awesome game) and I had a hot dog and half a pretzel and I am still beating myself up for it. This is just one example of going off track in the last couple of weeks and it freaks me out (did I mention, it freaks me out??). I need to go into the holiday season strong and instead I am floundering. I am keeping up with my exercise schedule and weirdly feel better than I have in months but I am not losing weight. I have no point to this post other than to vent. I need to kick my butt back into high gear but so far can only find a middle gear.

4 comments:

Amy said...

It's okay Amy!!! What you need is a plan for these holiday months. Decide ahead of time what you might splurge on and/or how your goign to handle tempting situations. I need to do this as well - we don't want to undo our good work!!!

With the non-weightloss... maybe you need to switch up your routine. Maybe you body is just too used to the same exercise. Also - that could be said for calorie intake. I've read alot about calorie cycling, but never tried it. I'm not disciplined enough to do it. Just some thoughts! Just keep plugging along!

Rachel Wattson said...

I agree with Amy. One: you are stressed about the race. Two: you need to add something more: try some free weight reps after your run OR do some crunches and push ups after. Start doing sprint intervals during your run. Sprint for 30 seconds, reg jog one minute about 6-10 x's. Just that little bit will jump start your body. Remember: you can't be "good" forever. I look at every meal as an opportunity. If you treat yourself @ one meal look to the next one to get back on track or give yourself a treat to look forward to. I use small squares of dark chocolate (my ultimate weakness). If I eat well during the day I know that a couple of those will be waiting for me. Keep at it!

Rachel Wattson said...

I agree with Amy. One: you are stressed about the race. Two: you need to add something more: try some free weight reps after your run OR do some crunches and push ups after. Start doing sprint intervals during your run. Sprint for 30 seconds, reg jog one minute about 6-10 x's. Just that little bit will jump start your body. Remember: you can't be "good" forever. I look at every meal as an opportunity. If you treat yourself @ one meal look to the next one to get back on track or give yourself a treat to look forward to. I use small squares of dark chocolate (my ultimate weakness). If I eat well during the day I know that a couple of those will be waiting for me. Keep at it!

Heidi said...

I need to jump right back on there with you, Amy!! (Though I need to get back on the exercise wagon too. Vacation just killed me. I'm terrified to find out what the scale says tomorrow, after 2 weeks of mammoth quantities of southern food.)

Here's to conquering the holiday season and enjoying it without resorting to food!