Tuesday, October 12, 2010

200 Miles


I just looked at my Daily Mile gadget and realized that I have run over 200 miles since June!! That's insane. 10 months ago I could barely walk around my neighborhood without feeling tired and now I can run 3 miles in the morning before I even start my day. Yesterday morning I ran a route by my Moms house that I hadn't tried to run since last May. It was amazing to see the complete difference in my abilities. As I was running I was remembering the parts where I had to stop and walk and how for most of the time I felt like I wasn't going to be able to finish. This time I ran further and didn't need to stop and walk at all. It is a nice feeling, knowing my body is capable of getting me places. That I am strong enough to really MOVE. When I look back at this past year and think of all the times I made the difficult choice to get up before the sun was up to exercise or the times that I chose not to have pizza or birthday cake and each time that decision was not easy and sometimes down right sucked but it got me where I am today - 100% happier than a measly 10 months ago. It is still not easy to make these choices and its a daily struggle, this post will hopefully help me remember why I do this. Life feels better this way, I need to remember this feeling always.

P.S. 5 days till my 10k and I am freaking out less, its a good sign :)

3 comments:

Sooze said...

That is awesome!! Congrats! I know it's a great feeling when you can realize just how far you've come. I'm proud of you for sticking with it, because heaven knows I know it's not easy! Good luck on your 10K can't wait to hear how it goes!

spice2116 said...

i think it is amazing that you can run and i am so excited to hear how it goes for you!! i dont like running but i am a mean walker lol

i think for the race you should definitely stay at your pace and not slow down for other people. this is for you, not for them. that is just my two cents

Amy said...

You're doing such a great job!! !I'm so excited for you and your 10k ~ Good Luck!!!

I really like this post because I struggle so much with the day to day struggles, especially with food. You're an inspiration!