Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hormonal Happiness

Do you ever have moments where all of a sudden for no reason you are extremely happy? I just had one of those moments and I instantly told myself that I have no reason to be happy and it is just my hormones. I am not sure why but I seem to want to deny myself happiness. I could be really happy, it doesn't have to be hormones. My life is not perfect, there are a lot of things that I would like to change, but at the same time my life is pretty nice. Examples of this:

Perfect Life:
1. Being a stay at home mom who gets to spend quality time with her daughter
2. Being physically fit - weighing a healthy weight of 145
3. Being happily married to a man who loves me

My Life:
1. While I do have to work full time, I am lucky enough to be able to work from home 4 out 5 days a week. So while I do not get to do all the things I would like to do with my daughter I at least get to be with her.
2. I am on the path to being physically fit. I tend to get discouraged when I look at how much weight I have left to lose without accknowledging that I have lost 22 lbs - thats not bad :)
3. Being happily married might be an urban myth

Overall when I get a moment of happiness it might just be that I have reasons to be happy and need to accept happiness into my life.

No comments: