Friday, March 12, 2010

RESULTS???

So I've lost a total of 24lbs in the past 10 weeks which to a "normal" sized person sounds like a huge weight loss, so why is this barely noticable to me? I understand other people cannot yet really tell that I am losing weight - when you have 105lbs to losing only a fifth of the amount is not a drastic change but still, shouldn't I have noticed a significant amount by now??? Shouldn't I comfortable wearing my smaller size jeans instead of squeezing myself into them like a sausage? In the past when I have been on a diet by the time I reach the 20lbs mark I can fit into samller sizes and it becomes more motivating to stick with the healthier choices I have been making. THIS TIME however, it feels like even though the scale is going down, my actual waist size is staying the same. I know, I know, I should be taking my measurements so I can see the results but honestly, I have so many rolls in the way its hard to find my waist and know exactly where to measure each time. Having a baby seems to have permentantly stuck the majority of my excess weight belly area, which I always thought was the case but now I know the difference - Pre-Baby body the fat was distributed better, Post-Baby body the fat all sits in the least desirable spot, the stomach. I'm Annoyed.

Enough complaining....I do have some postives to keep me going. I feel way better than I did 6 months ago, I have a little bit more energy to keep up with my 1 year old, I feel better about myself and the choices I have been making, I haven't run the numbers but I MUST be saving money by never really eating out. I have a better outlook on my future and I really hope that I will be able to keep up with this and look back on 2010 and one of the best in my life. I have dieted before, but they were always crash diets where I always missed and thought about food all the time and eventually fell off the wagon and went back to my old habits. I always gained back weight. This time, I don't feel like I am missing out on food - don't get me wrong, I miss food, but I have a very clear memory of how a lot of food would make me physcially feel. I used to be SICK to my stomach after 90% of the meals I would have. I am not sure what would cause this but I do know that I very rarely feel sick after I eat these days, which is awesome. Anyway, I need to keep focusing on the postive and not looking for instant results, they will come with time.

No comments: