Tuesday, February 8, 2011

500 Miles!

I just finished updating my runs for the past week in daily mile and realized when I was done that I have run over 500 miles (501 to be exact) and I was super excited because that's a ton of running I have done since June 2010 but more importantly its almost time to get new running shoes :) So, even though it feels like I am failing in all other areas of my life right now, at least I have succeeded with running.

Last week I was on vacation (Disneyland, again) and I think I have a little bit of the post vacation blues. It always a little sad for me to go back to work and it only makes it worse to weigh myself and see that I have gained 8lbs since before I left. Yup, 8lbs! I was actually quite shocked. I didn't eat very healthy but I also didn't go all crazy with the food. Every other day while we were there I got up and ran in the morning in addition to the, at least, 10 miles of walking I did at the parks. So, I pretty much figured it would even out and when I saw how wrong I was about that it really depressed me. I know alot of it is water weight (I was down 4lbs this morning) but it is still really hard to feel good about myself. I have basically been unable to get back down to my pre-holiday weight and it stinks. I think the worst thing about it, is not that I feel that I look horrible or anything, but I feel like such a massive failure. This makes me want to eat. This makes being back on track harder. It makes me want to give up and through in the towel. I know that a big part of this is just all the icky food in my system, it doesn't help my mood. So yeah, if you're looking for inspiration....you are gonna have to keep looking.


Check in for today...

Calories Yesterday: 1688
Calories so far today: 647

Exercise Yesterday: 4 mile run @ 10:30 minute mile

Current Weight: 165
Lbs to goal: 40lbs

3 comments:

Lissy said...

You'll get there! You and Heidi are inspiring me to make changes, and I'm pumped about it. Hope that feeling lasts and I have some success! Saw your mom at Rita's funeral - it was so great to hug her. I miss you too!

Heidi said...

Hang in there, Amy!!! Try not to get too discouraged, really you've been doing amazing! (I know, it's so hard to remember that when the scale number is a disappointment. I'm up again too and last night I bawled about it to Terence for awhile.) Still, this weight stuff is a journey, a long journey, and it won't always go perfectly.

Just keep reminding yourself how far you've come and how far you've already succeeded. And as my food diary kindly reminds me, you only fail when you quit trying.

500 miles is a great accomplishment! Woohoo!!!!

Sooze said...

501!! Way to go girl!! You may not think it, but you're still an inspiration to me!